Study Site Coordinator
Jobs at:School of Public Health, College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University
Deadline of this Job:
01 March 2021
Date Posted: Friday, February 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Study Site Coordinator will work closely with the Study Manager to ensure implementation of the study project activities at the designated study site level. The Study Site Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing and supervising the three teams working under her/him: 1) the screening and enrollment, 2) treatment compliance monitoring, and the 3) outcome assessment teams to make sure the study standard operating procedure (SOP) and protocols for the interventions are fully implemented and high-quality data are generated, The position will be given significant responsibility for the appropriate use of data collection tools, implementation of data quality assurance mechanisms and use of data to improve implementation performance at the study site level. .
Specific Roles and Responsibilities Include
• Manage the routine day-to-day operation logistics and administration aspects of the study project at study site;
• Work with the Study Manager to plan, implement and evaluate trainings of research and hospital staff;
• Plan, coordinate meetings, take notes, and routinely communicate the Study Manager and study site-based research assistants;
• Supervise and provide technical support to the study site-based research staff
• Ensure generation and use of high-quality data at study site levels
• Working closely with the Study Manager implement standard operating procedure (SOP) and protocols for the interventions and proper use of instruments and protocols for data collection;
• Create and nurture a smooth working relationship with the study site health facilities and communities
• Develop monthly performance report and submit them to the Study Manager
Duration of work: 1 year with possible extension
Tentative Start Date: Immediately
Number Required: One
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Medical Doctor and/or Master’s Degree in public health or related field required with at least three years of experience with progressive responsibility as research coordinator
• Demonstrated experience managing staff and coordinating, planning, and implementation research project activities.
• Familiarity with the Ethiopian health system, Ethiopian Ministry of Health and Regional Health Bureaus preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in supervision of data collection, evaluation of programs/interventions, and data quality.
• Written and verbal fluency in English required. Written and spoken fluency in Afan Oromo and Amharic languages is desired. Strong writing skills and exceptional oral and written communication skills required.
• Excellent problem-solving, communication, supervisory, and organizational skills necessary.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple project activities, balance conflicting priorities, and handle confidential information appropriately.
• Must exhibit tact and diplomacy in inter-cultural settings.
• Prior field research and academic experience related to maternal and newborn health in Ethiopia is desirable.
• Exceptional organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and careful attention to detail.
• Prior experience working with electronic data collection and online databases, and demonstrated experience managing databases.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified Applicants are requested to submit their application letter specifying for the position they are applying for and update CV and their relevant Credentials (Such as Degree, Transcript, recommendation Letters, and other relevant documents) to The Human Resource Administration Office of Addis Ababa University College Of Health Science, Tikur Anbessa Specialized Hospital ( TASH), located around EBC the former ETV first floor Room # 118 within 7 working days, from the date of the announcement. Female applicants are highly encouraged.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.