Human rights monitoring during election: capacity building expert
Jobs at:Ethiopian Human Rights Council (EHRCO)
Deadline of this Job:
09 May 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Category: Consultancy and Training, Legal
Location: Addis Ababa
Employment Type: Contract
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position.
The objective of the assignment:
• The overall objective of the assignment is to undertake the necessary activities to advance the commission’s strategic objective of promoting and protecting human rights during the upcoming national election. The specific objectives are:
• Build the capacity of law enforcement organs to respect and protect human rights during the election period
• Build the capability of EHRC staff on tools and methods of human rights monitoring during the national election .
Scope of the work
• Develop training materials on human rights obligations of law enforcement organs during elections
• Conduct Training of trainers for EHRC staff
• Support the development of human rights monitoring checklist on election day
• Key deliverables (based on agreed monthly deliverables)
• Training material on obligations of law enforcement organs during elections
• Deliver at least 2 trainings
• Human rights monitoring checklist for election day
REPORT TO: Hub Director
DURATION: 3 months
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s Degree in human rights or related fields; PhD will be considered an asset; specific area (election related experience) also would be considered an additional asset;
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in human rights monitoring, and 3 years’ experience in undertaking research, legal analysis, providing trainings etc.;
• Record of participation in at least 2 similar assignments;
• Knowledge of human rights during elections in general and familiarity with the Ethiopian context are considered an asset;
• Ability to research and produce high quality output in a timely manner, while understanding and anticipating the evolving needs in relation to the restrictions imposed to contain the spread of COVID 19 virus;
• Excellent communication, presentation, report writing and analytical skills;
• Fluency, good written and analytical skills in English and Amharic is essential;
• At least 20 days engagement for 3 months is a requirement.
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV, and attach a Scanned copy of educational credentials which should be sent to the following email address: HRM@ehrc.org .
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and written exam
Deadline for applications: Sunday 9th of May 2021.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.