2 Screening and Enrollment Research Assistant (SERA)
Jobs at:School of Public Health, College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University
Deadline of this Job:
01 March 2021
Date Posted: Friday, February 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The SERA will work closely with the Study Site Coordinator and will be responsible for screening of all sick young infants, taking consent, and enrolling consented eligible sick young infants into the two studies. The SERA will be responsible for completing and electronically submitting screening and enrollment consents and forms for each young infant and caretaker contacted. The SERA will strictly follow the standard operating procedure (SOP) and protocols laid out by the study investigators to ensure the study activities are implemented meeting high standards and high-quality data are generated. .
Specific Roles and Responsibilities Include
• Work with the Study Site Coordinator to plan and implement study activities at site level
• Obtain consent for screening from sick young infant caretakers using the screening consent form
• Screen sick young infants for eligibility using the eligibility checklist
• Obtain study enrollment consent from caretakers of sick young infants using enrollment consent form
• Enroll eligible and consented sick young infants into the studies
• Report performance, attend routine team meetings and routinely communicate with the Study Site Coordinator
• Work with other study team members and Study Site Coordinator to promptly identify and resolve challenges
• Align plan and coordinate with other site study team members to implement study activities
• Ensure generation and use of high-quality screening and enrollment data
• Working closely with the Study Site Coordinator implement standard operating procedure (SOP) and protocols for the interventions and proper use of instruments and protocols for data collection;
• Create and nurture smooth working relationship with the study site health facilities and communities
• Develop monthly performance report and submit them to the Study Site Coordinator;
• Execute other tasks given by the Study Site Coordinator
Duration of work: 1 year with possible extension
Tentative Start Date: Immediately
Number Required: Two
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Master’s Degree or Medical Doctor/Bachelor degree in health or related field with at least two years of experience with progressive responsibility working in research
• Demonstrated experience using an electronic device to collect data
• Demonstrated experience working in health facilities as frontline health workers managing sick children
• Familiarity with the Ethiopian health system, Ethiopian Ministry of Health and Regional Health Bureaus preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in screening, lab workup, and management of sick children
• Written and verbal fluency in English required. Written and spoken fluency in Afan Oromo and Amharic languages is desired. Strong writing skills and exceptional oral and written communication skills required.
• Excellent problem-solving, communication, and teamwork skills necessary.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple project activities, balance conflicting priorities, and handle confidential information appropriately.
• Must exhibit tact and diplomacy in inter-cultural settings.
• Prior field research and academic experience related to maternal and newborn health in Ethiopia is desirable.
• Exceptional organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and careful attention to detail.
• Prior experience working with electronic data collection and online databases, and demonstrated experience managing databases.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified Applicants are requested to submit their application letter specifying for the position they are applying for and update CV and their relevant Credentials (Such as Degree, Transcript, recommendation Letters, and other relevant documents) to The Human Resource Administration Office of Addis Ababa University College Of Health Science, Tikur Anbessa Specialized Hospital ( TASH), located around EBC the former ETV first floor Room # 118 within 7 working days, from the date of the announcement. Female applicants are highly encouraged.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.